Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Desperate times call for... Ikea.

Lately, I have spent a nice amount of time running in and out of Ikea (entering through the Exit, of course, to avoid "the maze") collecting picture frames for my awesome Alicia Bock photographs. In times like these, there is no better friend than an Ikea "Ribba" frame (with mat included) for $12.99. And let's face it, Ikea is one of the go-to stores for low priced home furnishings-- especially if you love Swedish-inspired modern design... you're all set.

And while Ikea's style can seem somewhat limited, don't rule them out! This superstore has some fabulous pieces that can stand on their own. Here are a few of my favorites:


100% wool rug. Love this Indo Gabbeh rug at $199.00.


The Stockholm Rand rug. It is so terrific, I don't think a rug like this will ever get old. It comes in two sizes: 5'7" x7'10" and 8'2" x 11'6" for $179.00 to $299.00.

You love it, I know.

Image from the home of Amanda Peet, Domino Magazine archives.


NEW! Trondheim four-drawer dresser, $249.00


One of my all-time favorites, the Lack bookcase. Plus, it comes in black, black-brown, light blue, light pink, red, and white. For only $129.00

Couldn't this be the Lack bookcase?



The Kulla pendant lamp has a lacquered shade and comes in red(!), white and black for $69.00


The Foto pendant lamp for only $29.99. It's 20" in diameter, and would be great over a small round dining table.

Doesn't this look like the Foto lamp? Similar, huh?



We all know the Expedit bookcase, but check out the new Expedit coffee table with glass top, in birch, black-brown, or white for $69.99


I love this new Engan chest with two drawers, it would make a great nightstand for $99.99

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Style Court said...

Kelly, I'm with you on the stripe rugs! Reminds me of the new offices for Soiree.

http://blog.soireecharleston.com/

And on the dorm room in the previous post, I thought the same thing about paint and holes. So, so cool -- just love his style -- but I'm curious about those issues.

Anonymous said...

Wow that was odd. I just wrote an very long comment but after I clicked submit my comment didn't appear. Grrrr... well I'm not writing all that over again. Anyway, just wanted to say wonderful blog!
Here is my weblog : article

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...