Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Current Inspiration: Sun Faded Style

I've got a couple of new design projects on the horizon that are beachy and coastal-inspired.  And, THANK GOD for that because, outside my office, my car is covered in ice.  And, we're getting more snow tomorrow.  So, dreaming and scheming about summertime is just what the doctor ordered over here.

Here are the images that are covering my desktop this week.  And, to me, they scream WARM WEATHER.  I am so drawn to using mercury glass this year.  But, in tiny doses (think bud vases, a chic table lamp, and mercury glass candles).  Also, copper.  The rosey cousin to brass.  Are you guys liking this new trend?  Again, I love copper in small doses-- perhaps a tiny table lamp, a collection of bowls, or hit of copper hardware.  Both of these fresh metallics are coming to the store this month-- I've been really jazzed about it. :) 

Also on my radar: anything that feels like it's been faded in the sun.  Think heavy woven textures (like rope), sun faded colors (like misty blue, minty green, and washed out denim) and crisp whites.  Always crisp whites.























all images pulled from my Pinterest page.  :)
...


No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...