Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Little Girls Room




One of my design clients recently moved her family from Manhattan to San Francisco.  And as you can imagine, the big move came with a huge upgrade in livable space.  This family went from living in a modern 3-bedroom apartment to a stunning 3-story historic home.  They now have a yard, and plenty of windows that let oodles of natural light into every room (the house also has original milk glass fixtures, inlaid hardwood floors, and a butler's pantry with floor to ceiling cabinets!!  To die for.). 

Over the past eight months, we've been furnishing the house together, room by room.  And just this weekend, I worked on the design of her daughter's room!  Inspired by these dreamy inspiration shots, I wanted to create a space that was light and bright, imaginative, and a little bohemian (they're living in San Francisco, after all).  It needed a healthy dose of pink and purple (the 4-year old resident's favorite colors), mixed with simple neutrals like white and grey. 













And, here's what I came up with:






I love the balance between the modern white furniture and the girly tufted side chair.  Adding some eclectic pieces (like the rug, pillow, and pom pom throw) create additional interest, and they kick things up a notch.  I think that this space will easily transition from "4-year old" to "14 year old".


resources:
Bedding by Serena & Lily, pom pom throw from Calypso St. Barth, West Elm headboard, Madeline Weinrib rug and throw pillow, West Elm Parsons bookcase, reading chair from Mitchell Gold & Bob Williams, Crate & Barrel nightstand, and woven storage baskets (for toys and blankets!) from West Elm.




all inspiration images via pinterest



...

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

bevy said...

you're right, those pieces are perfectly transitional. heck, I'm in my 30s and those would be perfect for me!

Emily | Recently said...

Oh this is adorable! If I had a daughter, this room would be on the top of my list!

Unknown said...

Hi there. I loved this room but instantly thought about this that I saw recently on a blog that I follow.
http://www.littlelucylu.com/2011/05/from-pallet-to-bookshelves.html
It's really gorgeous bookshelves made from upcycled pallets. Very rustic and boho so thought you might like to take a look.
Thanks for the post! lol x

Amanda Bevington said...

L.O.V.E!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...