Thursday, April 7, 2011

A Plank Ceiling

I'm a huge fan of Urban Grace Interiors.  I really love Erika's work, love her blog, love her.  You must read the Urban Grace blog, it's full of inspiring tidbits.  Anyway, a few weeks ago Erika posted about a recent project and I was somewhat smitten with the plank ceilings.  I wonder if we could achieve this look in our 3rd floor bedrooms?  So, I tagged these images and thought of a way to pitch this idea to my husband/co-homeowner/overall general contractor. :)


plank ceilings in progress 

the finished product! 


Our two 3rd floor bedrooms have a similar sloped ceiling (see an old image here, taken the day we closed on the house).  I think that a treatment like this might be sort of cool.  What do you think?


all images courtesy of Urban Grace Interiors
to read the full post on this charming attic, go HERE.

...

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Ashley said...

This is a great idea! Are you and your husband able to do-it-yourself?

Kelly Robson said...

I think so. Honestly, I feel like he can do ANYTHING. I'm always the one saying "lets hire someone to do this" and he's always the one to educate himself, and then he'll do it himself. He's SUPER handy and extremely capable. Although, I don't know if he'll go for this look... I'll need to prepare my pitch on this one. :)

xx
Kelly

Aimee@ the Functional Space said...

Good luck selling it to your Husband then because it would be beautiful! I'm also a huge fan of Erika's and had also filed away those pictures for inspiration later. How awesome that your Husband is so handy! Mine can get through some stuff but it takes a REALLY long time to get him motivated and started on a project.

Caitlin D said...

I have plank ceilings in my apartment rental in Denver and I love them! Granted they aren't on sloped ceilings, just flat but I still love them. The other units in my building have left them unfinished with the dark wood exposed but someone painted mine white, which actually opens up the space and makes it feel more cottagey. I don't know how I'll go back to plain ceilings since the planks give so much character!

Linda {Calling it Home} said...

Kelly, check out my kitchen ceiling, it's sheets not individual planks.Goes up much easier, and won't shrink in the winter.

Anne-Marie said...

I'm sitting in my loom realizing that I have a planked, sloped ceiling and it's really neat. So yah, I vote for planks!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...