Monday, January 17, 2011

Golden Globes 2011

For the first time in YEARS, I watched a red carpet show.  And I have to say, it was very very fun.  I loved all the gowns!  My hands down favorite was Emma Stone's simplistic, backless, Calvin Klein gown in the most lovely shade of pink.

Loved her hair, loved her low-key (almost non-existent) jewelry, loved her make up,
and I loved that awesome gold clutch.


And, there was more pink on the red carpet...



And, sparkly pink...


Coincidentally, the Pantone Color of 2011 is Honeysuckle...  PINK. 


Correlation?  Probably not.  But, I had to bring interior design somewhere into the conversation.


I normally don't get into award shows, but I had a lot of fun watching the Golden Globes last night.  My favorite show, Mad Men, did not win for Best Drama.  Very sad.  But, the ladies of Mad Men looked lovely...


January Jones, Elizabeth Moss, and Christina Hendricks


I was also pulling for my favorite movie of the year, The Fighter.  I LOVED this gritty boxing movie.  Just loved it.  Christian Bale won for Best Supporting Actor and if you've seen the movie, you know that he totally deserved it.  These two lovely ladies were both nomiated for their roles in The Fighter...


Amy Adams and the Globen Globe winner, Melissa Leo. 




Happy Monday, kittens!

...

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Chedva @Rooms and Words said...

Actually, Pantone also predict the fashion colors of the year so there might be a correlation. I loved Elizabeth Moss's dress! The color is amazing on her!

RLG said...

I thought Emma Stone looked lovely, too, although I much prefer her as a redhead. January Jones gets my "thumbs down" -- it would have been equally effective to go topless. :)

Shannon @ What's Up Whimsy said...

Wasn't January Jones' upper half defying gravity?? "They" looked incredible! Ha ha

paula said...

what! mad men didnt win! emma does look stunning and anne hathaway looks drop dead gorgeous, wow.

Kelly Robson said...

Belly- I must check out the fashion Pantone color! Didn't know they did that. :)

Renee- I know, January Jones is a loose cannon when it comes to red carpet dresses. But, I didn't hate this one. Didn't love it, but didn't hate it (kinda liked the fringe).

Shannon- I totally agree, her boobs defied gravity. :)

Paula- Major bummer. But, haven't seen Boardwalk Empire to compare? I am DYING for Mad Men to return this summer. I just LOVE that show.

Thanks for the comments, gals!

xoxo
Kelly

Unknown said...

I think Anne Hathaway was gorgeous!

Heather @ Satisfying Spaces said...

I have just found your blog and am really enjoying it. I received the Stylish Blogger Award and would like to pass it to you. Check out my blog at http://satisfyingspacesblog.com/.

Thanks!

Heather

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...