Thursday, December 10, 2009

"The Holiday" Set



It's a chilly chilly day in Philadelphia today.  All I feel like doing is sitting down with homemade soup and watching The Holiday on dvd. 

Now, The Holiday hasn't won any Oscars, but the storyline is really cute, the clothes are great and the set design is just amazing.  I think we can all agree, right?  I hear that Nancy Meyers and her crew (who also brought us that Cape Cod wonder in Something's Got To Give) have done it again in this season's It's Complicated.  Will you being seeing that movie this year?

Did you know that they built this homey cottage (pictured above) specifically for this movie?  Looks like it's been there for a 100 years!












Cami Diaz's house in Los Angeles... How can you not swoon over those floors?  And, the white upholstery everywhere?!  And, that kitchen!








the set designer's sketch for one of my favorite rooms, the office:



those green drapes!















I'm partial to Jude Law's lived-in country house.  I love the built-in bookshelves, dark trim, cozy feeling...



















Hope you are keeping warm and cozy where you are!

...

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Michelle Parks McCourt said...

it is cold here in nyc, holiday on dvd sounds like a good idea.

Engracia said...

I love this movie, it is hot here in Sydney but I'll rent it out tonight as hubby will be at a work xmas function. Love Friday night chick flicks.
Cheers
Engracia

erin said...

<3 this is my favorite 'holiday' movie! after watching it, oh, 30 times, i finally invested in my own copy at Target for only $7 :) will probably watch it at least 9 more times this weekend.

Paulette said...

this was on cable this weekend, and I happily snuggled under a blankie on a couch to watch it. I had the same thought--that the interiors were so fabulous though I think I'd opt for Kate Winslet's cottage, preferably with Kate Winslet as my next door neighbor!

Anonymous said...

I loved this movie as well, I will take the house and belongings......they did a great job putiing this together to bad they do not give awards for set arrangements, or do they? XO MARY

Anonymous said...

I love the interior design of this movie. I would have to envy Cameron Diaz' house more than Kate's, but both are enchanting.
I was wondering if anyone knew who did the painting of the white dress with the deep red background that hangs in the foyer of the L.A house? I would be so deeply indebted to anyone knowing the answer. Thank you! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...